Made in the USA
What it is and how it works.
The WinderFull solves several problems by simply winding the yarn from the skein directly onto this ingenious, flexible spool that is affordable, convenient and very easy to use.
- eliminates the need for expensive ball winders
- eliminates tangled yarn balls
- protects the yarn from dirt and debris
- spool conveniently tucks away in your knitting bag
- reusable over and over again
By using any household power screwdriver or drill, together with your swift, just push the button and start winding, saving your arm strength for knitting or crocheting.
The WinderFull spool allows you to knit, crochet or weave directly from the spool. It will stand flat on the table or floor or rolls easily when placed in your favorite project bag.
Kit includes 2 spools, 1 adapter rod, 1 yarn bag and directions for use.
- set skein of yarn on swift
- place adapter onto screwdriver or drill
- slip spool onto the adapter
(spool will also stretch to fit over your ball winder stem)
- secure yarn to spool (wrap around center a couple of times by hand to get started - the yarn will grip on the rubber band)
- start winding
- at completion of winding, the loose end can be tucked in against the webbing which prevents the yarn from unwinding.
The WinderFull can also be used on your ball winder!
Just stretch the rubber band and mesh over the stem of the ball winder. In this case, you will not need to use the adapter that is just for use with the drill or electric screw driver.
You can not only wind a skein onto the spool, but you can also wind a ball of yarn onto it as well. Some yarns that are sold already in a ball can also prove to be unruly and decide to tangle up. Just place the ball in your yarn bowl (or any bowl) and let it roll around in there will you wind onto your spool.
Thank you to Tammy Poff of Poff Studio for this great demonstration video.
All orders are fulfilled with the Regular Size Spools unless otherwise specified.
Please make a note in your order with how many Minis and how many Regular Spools you'd like.
Any combination is fine, just remember that the Regular Size Spools are the most versatile.
Approximate Yardage per Yarn Weight
Regular Size Spools(most versatile size): Lace - 700, Fingering - 500, DK - 400, Worsted - 250, Chunky - 100
Mini Spools: fits any 50 gram skein or about half of what the Regular Size Spools hold.
Yardage also depends on the texture or make-up of the yarn